Research Scientist –Team Lead
Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
Somru Bioscience Inc. is an emerging biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough antibody technology for research, diagnostic and therapeutic applications. The company utilizes a unique and proprietary Somru™ technology which produces antibodies with superior binding affinity and bioactivity in a wide variety of biological assays in a short period of time. We also offer a wide range of quality reagents for research and diagnostics applications as well as for biosimilar research and development.
Research Scientist –Team Lead
Employed as a Team Leader responsible for leading research, and experimentation for the purposes of polyclonal antibody development. Responsible for consulting with clients on drug discovery or development needs and establishing appropriate products to meet client need.
- Design and construct antigens for the production of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
- Develop and optimize immunization protocol for chicken antibody platform
- Evaluate titer and purify antibodies
- Characterize antibodies to ensure they are “fit for the intended purpose.”
- Develop strategy and experimental design to utilize well characterized antibodies to develop binding assays
- Responsible for managing 2-3 scientific staff conducting research.
- Consult with Chief Scientific Officer regarding research, and prepare scientific articles, technical papers and reports.
- Collaborate with Chief Scientific Officer to research grant topics and write grants.
- Develop new ligand binding immunoassays processes, methods for measurement of proteins and antibodies in biological matrices.
- Support bioassay team to optimize cell-based assay for the purposes of biosimilar optimization
- Design and execute experiments, analyze and interpret experimental results contributing to research program strategies
- Responsible for troubleshooting problems with analytical methods that may arise.
- Direct staff responsible for the scientific conduct of immunoassay method development and validation projects.
- Prepares standards and specifications for processes, products, and tests.
- Oversees proper maintenance, qualification and day-to-day user logging of equipment usage in the lab
- Coordinate technology/methods transfer to external collaborators and contract research organizations
- Assure scientific quality and client service targets are achieved.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing Skills/Qualifications.
- PhD in Biological Sciences (Immunology, Cell Biology or related field)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in animal care, and antibody technology development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth scientific knowledge of analytical method development (e.g., ELISA, bioassay etc.) and purification of proteins and antibodies.
- Experience in protein biochemistry (protein purification, Western blotting, Immunoprecipitation, etc.)
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment with internal and external team members
- Strong project management and decision making skills
- Ability to write read and interpret technical and scientific reports and correspondence.
- Ability to schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish them.
- Must be independent and creative thinker with ability to solve complex problems.
If you are interested in being considered for this position:
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Research Scientist –Team Lead” on the subject line of your email.