Laboratory Technician I
Somru Bioscience is a fast-growing biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough antibody technology for research, diagnostic and therapeutic applications. The company utilizes a unique and proprietary SomruTM technology which produces antibodies with superior binding affinity and bioactivity in a wide variety of biological assays in a short period of time. We have an ambitious vision to develop novel antibody product candidates to treat unmet medical needs. To achieve our mission, we seek motivated professionals who share our dedication to patients and our passion for discovery, innovation and scientific rigor.
We offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefits package and a collaborative and entrepreneurial culture.
Laboratory Technician I
This position is responsible for the receiving and accessioning of laboratory samples. The Laboratory Technician II will adhere to strict protocols and maintain quality customer service and satisfaction.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Handling of biological samples. This may include human serum, blood, urine, etc. Ensure samples are handed as per appropriate biosafety regulations. This includes receipt, handling, storage, and disposal procedures.
- Accessioning of biological samples. Accurately entering sample information (patient demographic and test information) and maintaining a sample database.
- Setting up and preparing samples for testing and ensuring that samples are delivered to the proper department for testing.
- Ensure sample stability and integrity. Identify any sample discrepancies and follow procedures to correct any problems. Discrepancies may be related to the physical samples or the paperwork associated with the samples.
- Prepare samples and related paperwork to be sent to the appropriate reference lab or Somru location.
- Scan requisitions, run missing requisition reports, and follow-up on reports.
- Ordering and receiving of supply inventory: reagents, materials and consumables.
- Troubleshooting issues that may arise in relation to sample database, supply inventory, and general laboratory practices.
- Ensure training is current and up-to-date.
- Complete daily tasks and assigned work within a scheduled shift without compromising with the quality of work or the quality of patient care. Perform multiple tasks when required.
- Respond to changes in work schedule as necessary; continually use time to departmental advantage; perform well in emergency situations and aid other departments when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment, wear the proper personal protective equipment, and practice and support safety in the workplace.
- Support laboratory goals, policies, procedures, and philosophy. Maintain company, client, and patient confidentiality.
Minimum Education and Experience
- High school diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
- Experience in inventory management system, shipping and receiving in relevant industries.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Laboratory Technician I” on the subject line of your email.
Somru BioScience Inc.
19 Innovation Way
Charlottetown, PE, C1E 0B7
TEL: 902-367-4322 | Fax: 902-367-4323