Somru Bioscience Inc. is an emerging biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough antibody technology for research, diagnostic and therapeutic applications. The company utilizes a unique and proprietary Somru™ technology which produces antibodies with superior binding affinity and bioactivity in a wide variety of biological assays in a short period of time. We also offer a wide range of quality reagents for research and diagnostics applications as well as for biosimilar research and development.
- Perform antigen preparation as per standard operating procedures for the production of monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies
- Purify and characterize antibodies using ligand binding methods (e.g., ELISA, Biacore etc.)
- Execute experimental design to utilize well characterized antibodies to develop binding assays.
- Develop new ligand binding immunoassays processes, methods for measurement of proteins and antibodies in biological matrices in consultation with principal investigators.
- Design and execute day-to-day experiments, analyze and interpret experimental results contributing to research program strategies
- Responsible for troubleshooting problems with analytical methods that may arise
- Prepares protocols and specifications for processes, products, and tests.
- Oversees proper maintenance, qualification and day-to-day user logging of equipment usage in the lab
- Coordinate technology/methods transfer to external collaborators and contract research organizations
- Assure scientific quality and client service targets are achieved
- Consult with Principal Investigator regarding research, and prepare scientific articles, technical papers, and reports
- Collaborate with senior scientists to research grant topics and write grants.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Post-secondary diploma in Biological Sciences
- Minimum 1-2-year experience in assay development preferred
- In-depth scientific knowledge of analytical method development (e.g., ELISA, bioassay etc.) and purification of proteins and antibodies
- Experience in protein biochemistry (protein purification, Western blotting, Immunoprecipitation, etc.) will be an asset
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team environment with internal and external team members
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to write read and interpret technical and scientific reports and correspondence
- Ability to schedule and arrange own activities to accomplish them
If you are interested in being considered for this position:
Email resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Research Tech 1” on the subject line of your email.
Somru BioScience Inc.
19 Innovation Way
Charlottetown, PE,C1E 0B7
TEL: 902-367-4322 | Fax: 902-367-4323